(Reuters) – Santa Anita will open its one-mile first dust track to limited training on Monday after it becomes closed for almost a week following the death of 21 horses over months, officers on the famed Southern California race track said on Saturday. Training can be constrained to joggers and gallopers, Santa Anita stated in an announcement. All training and racing on the track near Los Angeles had been shut down on Tuesday as professionals worked to locate the reason for the spate of catastrophic accidents sustained through horse racing or training at the main music. That included calling off a big day of racing on Saturday. At the same time, the San Felipe Stakes for three-yr-antique Kentucky Derby contenders and the Santa Anita Handicap for older horses have been scheduled.
“Over the beyond 4 days, we’ve been capable of doing a splendid deal in phrases of amending the soil and inspecting it,” stated California-based total trackman Dennis Moore, who heads a collection of music protection employees and out of doors specialists investigating Santa Anita’s main song. “I think the maximum vital thing with this track right now’s that we carefully monitor compaction degrees,” Moore stated. He stated all the rains in Southern California this iciness had affected situations at the tune. Santa Anita on Friday reopened to mild schooling on its six-furlong inner exercising tune after being inspected. No deaths have passed off on the exercise music. Depending on the outcome of destiny inspections and weather, racing ought to probably resume at the tune on March 21. Tim Ritvo, the chief working officer of track owner The Stronach Group, told Daily Racing Form on Friday.