Fire branch warns of hidden dangers while charging golfing carts
CAROLINA BEACH, NC (WWAY) —
With warmer weather across the nook, the Carolina Beach Fire Department is cautious citizens of the hidden risks of charging golfing cart batteries. According to a news release via the Town of Carolina Beach, the firefighters have spoken back to a couple of calls this yr involving carbon monoxide alarms sounding because of charging golfing carts. “These alarms are being caused by a buildup of hydrogen gasoline this is produced at some stage in the charging process,” the discharge states. “Hydrogen fuel displaces oxygen and will cause carbon monoxide alarms to sound,” CBFD says hydrogen gasoline does no longer produces an immediate health hazard. However, it’s been related to a mild irritant inflicting signs and symptoms such as nausea and complications. The number one risk that can be induced during this method is the capability of the fireplace from the accumulation of hydrogen.
The Carolina Beach Fire Department urges citizens with golfing carts to hold in mind the following factors to revel in a safe summer of golfing cart utilization:
1. Always observe the manufactures pointers when charging any golf cart.
2. Always feed a golf cart in a properly ventilated region.
3 . Always disconnect the charger when the golfing has finished the charging process.
4. Do now not fee the battery in a single day or if there is no one at home with the golfing cart.
5. Install a carbon monoxide detector in your house even in case your residence is liquid propane-free. If you observed any problems or your carbon monoxide alarm sounds, without delay, get out of your home and call 911. If you have any non-emergency-related questions, you may call the Carolina Beach Fire Department at (910) 458-2985.